The MD has implemented a great new tool that provides secure access to pay details, delivers remittance slips (paystubs) via email and more!
A common request from MD staff has been to shift gears from traditional paper-based pay stubs and manual processes to a digital system. In response to these requests, the MD is pleased to announce that it has researched, tested and implemented a brand new payroll advice program that delivers remittance slips (paystubs) electronically. We're now in the launch phase, and we invite staff to register for this great new program!
Who does this affect?
All employees will be transitioned over from bi-weekly remittances being delivered through Canada Post, to secured email delivery. Council will continue with monthly remittances.
How do I access my secure file?
What does this mean for employees?
- Timeliness! Learn your deposit amount prior to deposit. Your email remittance will be delivered at least 1 day before pay day.
- Convenience! Your bi-weekly pay remittance will be delivered to your personal email address allowing for easy filing and recall.
When can I expect to be transitioned to email from letter carrier?
We are ready to go! All that is needed by the payroll team is your preferred email address to complete your personal set up.
Why are things changing?
Some reasons why moving to this system make sense:
- Quick, easy access to your pay information
- It’s secure (password-protected)
- It saves paper, postage, and time for administrative staff
- Many staff members have been asking for this
Please be advised that gift cards are considered a taxable benefit as per the Canada Revenue Agency.